Winters are here and we tend to be hungrier because our body demands more calories to keep itself warm and energetic. Consequently, we start eating more without knowing the calorie content of the items we eat. Aside from this seasonal change, health conditions like diabetes, weight loss, dietary changes, stress, anxiety, depression, and many other hormone conditions like premenstrual syndrome and genetic conditions may increase your desire for food. Also, restricting food intake too much also leads to overeating. However, as an alternative, low calories food items can help to control your food cravings along with cutting lots of calorie intake. What will help you count calories?
By using a calorie counting app, you can count easily how many calories you are eating on a daily basis. But, before you download any of them on your phone, let’s explore how these apps are helpful to improve your overall health.
To know more about calorie-tracking apps' usability click here (1).
Why are calorie-counting apps good for you?
Lifestyle-related diseases specifically heart disease, stroke, and diabetes are directly related to your diet and your doctor will always direct you to be mindful of what you eat. So, knowing about what you eat is the first step toward starting a healthy journey.
Eating healthy every time is hard but, it could be easy if you track the calories of everything you are eating. But, do you have time to weigh the portions of everything you eat? Well, that’s where you require a calorie counter app to do this task for you with no hassle. Calorie counter apps are making food tracking easier than ever.
• Make you more conscious of what you eat on a daily basis.
• Help make better food choices by identifying you’re eating patterns
• Help you eat healthier.
• Keeping a track of your meals, snacks, and everything else you eat throughout the day
• Motivates you to eat smaller portions
• Help you to keep a track of calories burnt
• help you pay attention to why and how you’re overeating
• Encourage exercises as you can integrate your fitness routine into your nutrition tracking.
• Help to modify unhealthy eating habits.
• Show accountability, which helps with consistency.
There are many calorie-counting apps in the market. If you are confused about which one to download for free, click here. This app allows measuring calories on iPhone and Android devices.
How to choose the best calorie-counting app?
Calorie counter apps may help you control weight, manage chronic conditions, and understand dietary patterns. While the usability and functionality of these apps have not been the same. So, always take an informed approach while choosing a calorie-counter app that suits your nutritional needs.
• You can ask your family, friends, and colleagues for their recommendations.
• Users review help you choose highly rated apps.
• Always select an app that is transparent about its features.
• Must check out the frequently asked questions (FAQs) segment to clarify your doubts.
• Know subscription or billing options to compare and avoid extra burden on your pocket.
• For the best experience, prefer the app with the most user-friendly interface which is intuitive to navigate.
• There are free as well as subscription-based apps. Choose the best fit for your budget and needs.
• Know your goals and check out the features that are most important to you.
• Know about the prioritized features as some apps focus on calorie counting while others focus on weight management, mindful eating or fitness, and nutrition education.
• Evaluate for quality information and registered experts' detail etc.
Choose the app according to your health goals. Also, consider the cost involved to use the app. Some apps may be free to download and use, while others may need a subscription or offer in-app diet plan purchases.
Dr Trust 360: Best Overall Nutrition App
• Simple and straightforward user interface.
• Offers nutrition tracking, meal plans, recipes, and workouts
• Includes a blog segment with a huge bank of knowledgeable articles.
• Extensive food database for easy logging
• Many free and paid features are available
• QR code to direct download
• Real-time data recording & Coaching
• Overall health data syncing for analysis and easy sharing with health experts
Whether you’re a health enthusiast or a nutrition newbie, the Dr Trust 360 Calorie Counter app is well worth the download. Just keep in mind, consultation with a doctor or registered dietician, or nutritionist is very important before making any significant change to your diet.